“Who says you can’t collect in Texas?”
Whether you are an individual business owner, a larger business, or a property owners association, at some point there will be an issue concerning debt collection. Outstanding debt comes in many forms, from liquidated damages in a contract, to credit extended to your customers, to judgments won in court, and fees owed.
At Ferrer, Tu & Payne, we will sit down and discuss with you whether or not the debt is worth pursuing. Our goal is to bring you value and we will not waste your time or your money pursuing collection efforts that are not cost effective for you.
We will help you collect legally and professionally. We offer a wide range of collection options and realistic assessments of your case. Call us or contact us via our contact form for more information.
When you’ve provided a service but somebody has not paid you for your work, you want justice. Ferrer, Tu & Payne can help you collect the money that you earned or loaned. Our law firm is extremely upfront and will not take on a debt collection case that will cost you more for the process of collecting than the debt is worth.
WHY HIRE A LAWYER FOR COLLECTIONS?
- We can file lawsuits. Ferrer, Tu & Payne, offers something collection agencies cannot: the ability to seek full legal remedies by filing a lawsuit. We will send demand letters, but if the debtor refuses to pay, we offer you the option of forcing them to court to get the justice you deserve.
- Enforce Judgments. After we obtain a judgment, we have the intention and ability to enforce it. The biggest part of enforcing a judgment requires we locate non-exempt assets. That’s why our firm employs a private investigator to locate the debtor’s assets. We will work diligently to collect your judgment with a variety of post-judgment collection methods from liens to levying bank accounts.
- Garnishments, Levies & Turnovers. We can’t guarantee results, but we can use every effort to locate a debtor’s non-exempt assets, seize them and sell them. In most cases, Texas does not allow for the garnishment of wages. But Texas law does allow seizing of bank accounts and other property. If a debtor hides or secrets assets we can pursue a Turnover order from the court, enabling you to take a close look at the debtor’s assets.
HOMEOWNERS AND PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATIONS
When a homeowner moves into a neighborhood, part of the responsibility that comes with homeownerships includes paying assessment fees to keep the community livable. Assessments fees help maintain common areas, streetlights, and the safety of the neighborhood.
Ferrer, Tu & Payne is committed to helping homeowner and property owners associations in making homeowners live up to their responsibility. It is never fair to have other neighbors carry the burden of those who should be responsible for their own weight. Our firm offers a firm but effective approach to collection. We know that delinquent homeowners are also your neighbors. Therefore foreclosure is always our last resort.
For more information please visit the property owner association section by clicking here.
WE STRICTLY ADHERE TO THE LAW
- Federal Debt Collection Practices Act /Texas Debt Collection Act. Our employees are trained to follow the rules of the Federal and Texas State law. This means that you can expect professional service from our law firm. We will not harass or threaten the debtor. Our goal is to preserve the validity of your debt.
- We are a bonded debt collector. The State of Texas requires all third party collectors to be bonded, including attorneys. If you are a using a non-bonded collections party, you may be pursuing collections illegally. Ferrer, Tu & Payne is bonded in the State of Texas. We can prove it here: http://direct.sos.state.tx.us/debtcollectors/DCSearch.asp
Ferrer,Tu & Payne, PLLC. © Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.